By James E. Goodby
Read Online or Download Approaching the Nuclear Tipping Point: Cooperative Security in an Era of Global Change PDF
Best arms controls books
Occasionally winning and infrequently now not, arms-control agreements are strenuously negotiated by means of the events concerned, but they speedy develop into out of date as know-how advances and new guns come at the scene. therefore, such agreements are top understood strategically, now not as results in themselves, yet really as one crucial street of securing nationwide and worldwide security—an vital technique of permitting international locations world wide to see their adjustments on the negotiating desk rather than at the battlefield.
North Korea's checking out of a nuclear bomb despatched out a surprise wave in the course of the global and absolutely replaced the strategic equation within the Korean peninsula and Northeast Asia. This trying out has far-reaching implications for Korean peace and unification, Northeast Asian defense and America's international battle on terrorism.
Whereas overseas protection has noticeably replaced in view that 1989, nuclear guns stay an issue of discussion and competition. This paper presents an analytical framework for realizing post-Cold conflict Europe's strategic debates. It bargains insights into Europe's nationwide nuclear regulations and views.
Globalization and expertise have created new demanding situations to nationwide governments. therefore, they now needs to percentage strength with different entities, comparable to nearby and worldwide corporations or huge deepest monetary devices. additionally, electorate in so much elements of the realm were empowered by means of the power to obtain and disseminate info immediately.
- Rüstung und politisches System: Am Beispiel der Luftrüstung im Dritten Reich und in den USA 1933 bis 1942 (Wissenschaftliche Beiträge aus dem Tectum Verlag 25) (German Edition)
- The Future of the U.S. Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Force (Project Air Force)
- European Security and Defence Policy: An Implementation Perspective (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- Thomas Schelling and the Nuclear Age: Strategy as Social Science (Strategy and History)
- “Dual Containment” Policy in the Persian Gulf: The USA, Iran, and Iraq, 1991–2000 (Middle East Today)
- The Nuclear Renaissance and International Security
Additional info for Approaching the Nuclear Tipping Point: Cooperative Security in an Era of Global Change
Approaching the Nuclear Tipping Point: Cooperative Security in an Era of Global Change by James E. Goodby